2016 XG500 HARLEY-DAVIDSON STREET 500 Vivid Black. Liquid-cooled, Revolution X™ V-Twin. With cool, dark styling, urban agility, and the Revolution X™ engine, the Harley-Davidson Street® 500 invites young riders everywhere to ride into personal freedom. It’s built for maximum maneuverability, complemented by a minimalist, blacked-out design. The action goes from stoplight to stoplight, boulevard to back alley. At the center of it all you carve through heat, chaos and gridlock with ease. You get a liquid-cooled Revolution X™ engine loaded with torque and built to thrive in stop and go traffic. A light frame with an easy lock-to-lock handlebar sweep for quick moves. And dark styling details like blacked out pipes, cafe©-style windscreen and fork gaiters to put the edge on the look. Got any plans for the evening?
Parts total $349
Labor total $95
Total added value $444
Engine 1 Liquid-cooled, Revolution X™ V-Twin
Bore 2.72 in.
Stroke 2.6 in.
Displacement 30 cu in
Compression Ratio 11:01
Fuel System 3 Mikuni Single Port Fuel Injection, 35 mm bore
Primary Drive Gear, 36/68 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 14.25
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 10.07
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 7.45
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 5.99
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 5.04
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 4.53
Exhaust Black Two- into-one exhaust
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
Wheels, Rear Type Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
Brakes, Caliper Type 2-piston floated front and rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 29.5 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 28.5
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28.5
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 41 mpg
Length 87.6 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 25.7 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 28 in.
Ground Clearance 5.7 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 32
Trail 4.5 in.
Wheelbase 60.4 in.
Tires, Front Specification 100/80 R17
Tires, Rear Specification 140/75 R15
Fuel Capacity 3.5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3.3 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 455 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 489 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning
Gauges 3.5 inch electronic speedometer with high beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, blade key ignition and fork lock, and locking gas cap
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.