2016 XL1200X FORTY-EIGHT Vivid Black. 1200cc rubber mounted motor with 5 speed transmission. Nothing has more classic style and looks then the Sportster Forty-Eight. Tastefully detailed, agile and tons of fun make this Harley-Davidson a great motorcycle.A low-slung urban brawler, the newly styled Forty-Eight® motorcycle drips attitude from every element. Thanks to its bold new front end, burly Dark Custom™ styling, and big comfort improvements, the muscular Forty-Eight® model is initiating an all-out urban assault.
Parts total $263
Labor total $95
Total added value $358
NEW IN 2016
Emulsion technology rear shocks with 50 mm range of pre-load adjustability and an under-seat, rear shock suspension adjustment wrench
Front forks with cartridge dampening technology
Fork brace and massive triple clamps
Optimized seat design for all-day comfort, minimalist style
Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels in gloss black with Machined highlights
Open design sprocket
Turn signal mounts off upper triple
Engine 1 Air-cooled, Evolution®
Bore 3.5 in.
Stroke 3.811 in.
Displacement 73.4 cu in
Compression Ratio 10:01
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 38/57 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.315
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.653
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.948
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.102
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.517
Exhaust Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with dual slash-cut mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
Wheels, Rear Type Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
Brakes, Caliper Type Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 70.8 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27.1
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 27.1
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 48 mpg
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
Gauges 4-inch Speedometer mounted low and integrated into handlebar clamp
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.