2011 XL1200X FORTY-EIGHT Brilliant Silver. 1200cc Evolution V-Twin powertrain with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), Rubber-mounted powertrain to reduce vibration and 5-speed Transmission The Forty-Eight® motorcycle is an urban brawler that drips attitude from every element; from the fat, balloon tires to the all-steel peanut tank to the solo seat. Custom touches define this bulldog of a bike. A slammed speedometer, under bar mounted mirrors and 26-inch seat height offer a low profile, while the peanut tank and big 16-inch wheels combine for a menacing look that could only come from Harley-Davidson.
Engine 1 Air-cooled, Evolution®
Bore 3.5 in.
Stroke 3.811 in.
Displacement 73.4 cu in
Compression Ratio 10:01
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 38/57 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.315
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.653
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.948
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.102
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.517
Exhaust Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with black dual slash-cut mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
Wheels, Rear Type Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
Brakes, Caliper Type Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 70.8 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27.1
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 27.1
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 48 mpg
Length 85 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 26.2 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 27.3 in.
Ground Clearance 3.9 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 30.2
Trail 5.3 in.
Wheelbase 59.3 in.
Tires, Front Specification 130/90B16 73H
Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16 77H
Fuel Capacity 2.1 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 2.8 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 538 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 551 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
Gauges 4-inch Speedometer mounted low and integrated into handlebar clamp electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, ABS light, LED indicator lights
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.