2017 FLSTC HERITAGE SOFTAIL CLASSIC Vivid Black. High Output Twin Cam 103 counter balanced engine and 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission. The Heritage Softail® Classic is rich with the nostalgia of days gone by, but the hidden suspension gives you the authentic look of a hardtail without the bone-shaking ride. You get the comfort of standard cruise control and a low center of gravity, plus standard ABS, and a High Output Twin Cam 103B™ engine. We maintained the classic look and re-invented the ride. The Heritage Softail® Classic motorcycle blazes from the past fully equipped with original dresser spirit and modern touring capabilities. Smooth performance, a low seat height, ample luggage space, wind protection, and passenger accommodations make the model a true custom touring bike—one that quickly converts to a boulevard cruiser when the windshield is detached.
- Steel Laced wheels with Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option
- Full coverage rear fender with chrome supports
- Chrome nostalgic 7-inch ball headlamp with chrome nacelle
- Chrome directional light bar and passing lamps
- Chrome isolated riser
- Chrome, nostalgic cat-eye tank console with a retro speedometer face
- Two-tone leather tank panel with matching sissy bar backrest trim
- Black powder-coated engine with chrome treatment covers
- Air cleaner cover with High Output 103 badging
- Chrome horseshoe oil tank with chrome external oil lines
- Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- Studded, nostalgic leather saddlebags with hidden quick-detach buckles
- Hardtail styling with hidden horizontal rear suspension
- Ergonomic stainless-steel classic touring handlebar
- Two-piece, two up Softail® classic removable seat pillion
- Wide and comfortable passenger seat and backrest
- Half-round, full-length rider footboards with heel/toe shift levers
- Standard passenger footpegs
- Left-hand electronic cruise control, standard
- Electronic throttle control system
- Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low-fuel warning light and countdown feature, low-oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
- Self-canceling turn signal controls
- Start, engine cutoff, left/right turn signals, horn, hi/low beam, odometer trip switch and hazard warning hand controls
- Barrel key, tank console-mounted ignition; fork lock common with ignition key
- Electric power accessory connector under seat
- Clear, king-size polycarbonate H-D® Detachables™ windshield
- Nostalgic leather saddlebags with hidden quick-access buckles and 1.27 cu. ft. volume
- Rigid-mounted, Air-cooled, 1690 cc High Output Twin Cam 103B™ counter-balanced engine with Automatic Compression Release (ACR)
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)1, standard
Engine 1 Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103B™
Bore 3.87 in.
Stroke 4.374 in.
Displacement 103.1 cu in
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 34/46 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.311
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.454
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.793
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 3.882
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.307
Gear Ratios (overall) 6th 2.79
Exhaust Chrome, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Steel Laced
Wheels, Rear Type Steel Laced
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
Wheels, Optional Style Type Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 99.5 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,000
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 24.4
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 25.9
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 42 mpg
Length 94.7 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 25.5 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 27 in.
Ground Clearance 4.7 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 31
Trail 5.8 in.
Wheelbase 64.4 in.
Tires, Front Specification MT90B16 72H
Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16 71H
Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3.5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 726 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 755 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, front fender running lights, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings, ABS, cruise control
Gauges Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light. Cruise indicator light
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.