2017 XL883N IRON 883 Black Denim Paint. Rubber-mounted, Air-cooled, 883 cc Evolution® engine, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with O2 sensors and 5-speed transmission. Aggressive throwback styling taken to a place altogether new. No need to shine this machine. Just get on and tear up the nearest street. A great leap forward in the dark arts. You’re looking at a pioneer of raw, blacked-out, stripped-down custom style. In the years since its introduction, it has only gotten better. Fine-tuned suspension. Tuck and roll seat. Black cast aluminum wheels with machined highlights. And blacked-out surfaces from fender to fender. You get everything you need. And nothing you don’t.
• Rubber-mounted, Air-cooled, 883 cc Evolution® engine
• Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with O2 sensors
• 5-speed transmission
• Black powder-coated powertrain with black covers
• Black, Staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
• Black, 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels with Machined highlights, 19-inch front, 16-inch rear
• Slammed appearance
• Old-school, drag-style handlebar
• Bobber tuck and roll seat, optimized for all-day comfort
• Eagle and Iron Shield graphics
• Bullet-hole design details in exhaust header shield, blacked-out belt guard, and front fender trim
• Blacked-out covers, forks, shields, wheels, headlamp and more
• Front fork gaiters
• Minimal front fender
• Chopped rear fender
• Combined stop/turn/tail lights (U.S. Configuration)
• Side-mounted license plate bracket (U.S. Configuration)
• Slammed, drag-style handlebar
• Mid-mounted foot controls
• Low, one-piece, solo Sportster® forward seat with fitted components for all-day comfort
• Slammed rear suspension Function
• Emulsion technology rear shocks with 50 mm range of pre-load adjustability and an under-seat, rear shock suspension adjustment wrench
• Front forks with cartridge damping technology
• Integrated electrical system with trip switch, start switch
• Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, gear indicator (1-5), and RPMs
• Hazard warning integrated into self-canceling turn signal controls
• Blade key ignition; fork lock common with ignition key
• Michelin® Scorcher® tires designed specifically for Sportster® models
• Closed loop exhaust system meets worldwide emission standards
• Confidence-inspiring braking performance
Engine 1 Air-cooled, Evolution®
Bore 3 in.
Stroke 3.811 in.
Displacement 53.9 cu in
Compression Ratio 9:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 34/57 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 10.41
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 7.436
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 5.531
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.584
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.931
Exhaust Black, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black 9 Spoke with Machined Highlights
Wheels, Rear Type Black 9 Spoke with Machined Highlights
Brakes, Caliper Type Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 53.8 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,750
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 51 mpg
Length 85.8 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 25.7 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 28.9 in.
Ground Clearance 4.3 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 30
Trail 4.6 in.
Wheelbase 59.6 in.
Tires, Front Specification 100/90B19 57H
Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16 77H
Fuel Capacity 3.3 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 2.8 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 540 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 562 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
Gauges Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
9. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.