2017 VRSCDX NIGHT ROD SPECIAL Velocity Red. Liquid-cooled 1250cc, 60 degree V-Twin engine, Dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, ESPFI (Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection) and 5-speed transmission. The Night Rod® Special model takes the V-Rod to a darker place with blacked out styling across its streamlined front end, cast aluminum wheels, low rise bars and fastback tail section. At its center, you’ve got the performance of the liquid-cooled Revolution® V-Twin engine and the confidence that comes from Brembo® dual disc brakes. Bring out your dark side. The Night Rod® Special model is a sinister-looking machine with a Revolution® engine that delivers a V-Twin growl and massive power. It’s styled for performance-minded enthusiasts who like a blacked-out, no-hassle ride, and an aggressive, drag-inspired riding position.
INCLUDED ACCESSORIES CLICK ON PARTS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION
- H-D Smart Security™ System $395
Parts total $395
Total added value $395
• Platinum powertrain with polished covers
• Satin chrome, dual side exhaust system with turnouts
• Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels with Machined Highlights
• Wide, angular airbox cover with unique airbox side covers
• I ntegrated front and rear turn signals
• Unique, fastback-style tail section
• Blacked-out frame
• Chopped rear fender
• I nverted forks
• Stylized rear shocks
• I ntegrated LED stop/turn/tail lights
• Side-mounted license plate
• Satin chrome headlamp mount
• Satin black headlamp bucket
• 240 mm rear tire
• Aggressive, power cruising riding position with drag bar and forward-mounted rider footpegs and controls
• Standard passenger footpegs
• Unique seat design with integrated rider backpad and passenger pillion
• Low 25.6-inch seat height
• Electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, tachometer
• Hazard warning integrated into self-canceling turn signal controls
• Start, engine cutoff, left/right turn signals, horn, hi/low beam hand controls
• Electric power accessory connector under seat
• Barrel key frame-mounted ignition; fork lock common with ignition key
• Michelin® Scorcher® tires
• Rubber-mounted, liquid-cooled, 1247 cc Revolution® engine
• Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors
• 123 hp @ 8250 RPM; 87 ft. lb. @ 6750 RPM
• Inverted front forks
• Dual front Brembo® disc brakes
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)1, standard
Engine 1 Liquid-cooled, Revolution®, 60° V-Twin
Bore 4.13 in.
Stroke 2.835 in.
Displacement 76.1 cu in
Compression Ratio 11.5:1
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Gear, 64/117 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 11.752
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 7.897
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 6.322
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 5.459
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 4.899
Exhaust Straight-shot exhaust with brushed finish dual mufflers; black end caps and exhaust shield
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ machined Pinstripe
Wheels, Rear Type Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ machined Pinstripe
Brakes, Caliper Type 4-piston front and rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 83.4 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 6,750
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 32
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 32
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 37 mpg
Length 96.1 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 25.6 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 26.6 in.
Ground Clearance 4.5 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 34
Trail 5.6 in.
Wheelbase 67 in.
Tires, Front Specification 120/70ZR-19 60W
Tires, Rear Specification 240/40R-18 79V
Fuel Capacity 5 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 5 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 637 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 666 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), coolant temperature, low fuel warnings
Gauges Electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, tachometer
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.