2016 XL883N IRON 883 Black Denim. 883 Inch Air-cooled, Evolution® Engine and 5-Speed Transmission. Aggressive throwback styling taken to a place altogether new. No need to shine this machine. Just get on and tear up the nearest street. A great leap forward in the dark arts.It was one of the early Dark Custom™ motorcycles. Reflecting the style of riders who want a quality ride with no hassles, the blacked-out, back-alley bruiser is the “anti-chrome” Harley® model. The Iron 883 is for those who want their first taste of that ride-hard-and-put-up-wet lifestyle. It’s for those who want to tear up asphalt and backroads instead of polishing paint and chrome.
Engine 1 Air-cooled, Evolution®
Bore 3 in.
Stroke 3.811 in.
Displacement 53.9 cu in
Compression Ratio 09:01
Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Primary Drive Chain, 34/57 ratio
Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 10.41
Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 7.436
Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 5.531
Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.584
Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.931
Exhaust, staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
Wheels, Front Type 9 Black 9 Spoke with Machined Highlights
Wheels, Rear Type Black 9 Spoke with Machined Highlights
Brakes, Caliper Type Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
Engine Torque 2 53.8 ft-lb
Engine Torque (rpm) 3,750
Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27
Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 28
Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy 5 51 mpg
Length 85.8 in.
Seat Height, Laden 7 25.7 in.
Seat Height, Unladen 7 28.9 in.
Ground Clearance 4.3 in.
Rake (steering head) (deg) 30
Trail 4.6 in.
Wheelbase 59.6 in.
Tires, Front Specification 100/90B19 57H
Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16 77H
Fuel Capacity 3.3 gal.
Oil Capacity (w/filter) 2.8 qt.
Weight, As Shipped 540 lb.
Weight, In Running Order 562 lb.
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
Gauges Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude dealer setup, taxes, title and licensing and are subject to change. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
8. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.