2019 Harley-Davidson® Softail® FLSB Sport Glide® Barracuda Silver. It might be a small niche, but the 2019 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide virtually owns it: convertible cruisers with touring amenities. The Sport Glide was the ninth model introduced in the overhauled 2018 Softail lineup, and it combines lightweight long-haul elements—a removable fairing and saddlebags—with performance upgrades like the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine, a re-engineered Softail frame, and an inverted single-cartridge fork. The Sport Glide owes its existence to a long line of previous chameleon-like H-Ds, such as the FXDXT and Dyna Switchback, which delivered a cruiser riding experience along with touring capability.
The Sport Glide comes with a low, broad seat and a wide handlebar to suit a range of rider preferences and sizes, but the real headline here is the ability to remove the fairing and bags. In seconds, with no tools required, you have a classic hardtail-style cruiser. The Sport Glide's ride quality is vastly improved thanks to a 43mm inverted Showa fork with single-cartridge damping control and the new Softail-spec single-shock rear end, preload for which is adjusted by hand using an easily reached dial. Another bonus: Cruise control and ABS are standard equipment.
IF YOU’RE GOING TO ROAM, ROAM HARD
Devour endless miles of highway. Lean hard through twisting roads. Hit the night spots. Adventure is yours for the taking on the Sport Glide®.
Features may include:
TAKE YOUR WANDERINGS TO A HIGHER LEVEL
MILWAUKEE-EIGHT® 107 ENGINE
Enough power and torque to go almost anywhere quickly. Rigid mounting and internal counterbalancing allows for a smooth ride without giving up the Harley feel that riders know and love.
Inverted front forks and a rear mono-shock with external preload adjustment give you the ability to customize your handling profile for any situation, including extra cargo and/or passengers.
The Sport Glide® motorcycle rides on the reinvented Softail® frame which makes for a lightweight, nimble ride you have to feel to believe.
The quick detach front mini-fairing allows for an attitude change on the fly. Put it on for more comfort on a long ride, or remove it for the stripped-down cruiser style. It’ll take the wind off the rider’s chest while allowing the air in your face.
BLACKED OUT CUSTOM LOOK
A blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® engine, aggressive black machine highlighted “Mantis” cast aluminum wheels, and black mufflers give the Sport Glide® a stealthy style.
You get lots of modern features, including a LED forward-lighting system, USB port and a keyless ignition.
1,746 cc (107 cu in)
FUEL SYSTEM 3
Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
2-into-1; catalyst in muffler
SEAT HEIGHT, LADEN 7
SEAT HEIGHT, UNLADEN
RAKE (STEERING HEAD) (DEG)
TIRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION
130/70B18 63H BW
TIRES, REAR SPECIFICATION
180/70B16 77H BW
OIL CAPACITY (W/FILTER)
WEIGHT, AS SHIPPED
WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER
LUGGAGE CAPACITY -VOLUME
1.9 cu ft
ENGINE TORQUE TESTING METHOD
ENGINE TORQUE 2
ENGINE TORQUE (RPM)
LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.)
LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.)
FUEL ECONOMY TESTING METHOD
FUEL ECONOMY 5
Chain, 34/46 ratio
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 1ST
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 2ND
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 3RD
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 4TH
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 5TH
GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 6TH
WHEELS, FRONT TYPE 9
Black, machine highlighted, Mantis cast aluminum
WHEELS, REAR TYPE
Black, machine highlighted, Mantis cast aluminum
BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE
4-piston fixed front and 2-piston floating rear
LIGHTS (AS PER COUNTRY REGULATION), INDICATOR LAMPS 8
High beam, turn signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise, ABS, security, low battery voltage, low fuel
5-inch analog speedometer with digital gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, range and tachometer indication
1. Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
2. Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
3. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
4. See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
5. Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
6. Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
7. Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.